Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia require very special care. That’s why more than 20 years ago Autumn Woods became a pioneer in the development of specialized memory care programs in the Metro Detroit Area.
Our secured memory care unit provides a unique setting for your loved one to function safely and independently.
The unit features dementia-specific trained staff and incorporates the latest research and design enhancements, including:
- Architectural details
- Enclosed park-like courtyards
- Secured entrances and exits
- Visual cues
Our structured Memory CARE programming keeps your loved one active and engaged with therapeutic activities, including:
- Cognitive Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Activities
- Speech Therapy
Our program goals focus on providing emotional and therapeutic care to maintain and improve the existing strengths and abilities of each person. Special importance is placed on recognizing individuality and contributing to your loved one’s sense of self-worth.
Our memory care unit employs a full-time social worker who ensures that your loved one’s quality of life is maintained and that you receive the support and guidance you deserve.
The more information you have regarding Memory CARE services, the easier it is to choose the most appropriate level of care for your loved one.
- Secure interior environment and secure outdoor courtyard
- 24-hour licensed nursing staff (to monitor health and medication administration)
- No forced discharge when the level of care changes and/or when private funds are depleted
- Certified Nursing Assistants help residents with activities of daily living
- No added costs for any additional services required
- In–house daily activities and therapeutic programs, including: Occupational and Physical Therapy; Speech Therapy; Cognitive Therapy; Recreational Activities; and Therapeutic Tasks
- All staff members receive ongoing education about caring for individuals with memory impairments