Admission to the hospital or a visit to an emergency room is not always the best option for every patient. Our facility offers a number of specialty programs designed to provide you with the most appropriate level of care for your individual needs. Your primary care physician will work with you to decide the best plan for your care.
Our Hospital Avoidance Programs, or Appropriate Level of Care (ALOC), are designed to provide varying levels of treatment administered through a continuum of specialty care providers, with the goal of avoiding the hospital for your healing and recovery.
The program is designed to treat a variety of conditions including:
- Injuries resulting in loss of independence with ADLs (activities of daily living)
- Injuries or illnesses resulting in the loss of mobility
- Lacerations, burns, rashes, skin ulcers, cellulitis
- Non-emergency illnesses or injuries
- Simple fractures
As a patient, you will benefit from a variety of medically advanced services including:
- Cardiac telemetry monitoring
- Complex nursing care
- Intravenous medications and fluid replacement
- Occupational therapy
- Oxygen and respiratory services
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Wound Care
Autumn Woods Medical Acute Care (MAC) program treats patients with acute medical conditions and complex needs in the comfort of our health care facilities. In the past, conditions of this nature would have been treated in a hospital setting; however, our specially trained staff, on call consultants, advanced technologies and healing environments provide modern and comprehensive recovery options that may not be available in other establishments.
Our MAC program includes:
- Custom designed treatment programs for both immediate and long-term needs
- Full-scale rehabilitative care in a home-like environment
- Calm surroundings
- A comprehensive team of health care providers, including: physicians, physical, occupational and speech therapists, registered nurses, nutritionists and more